Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions

by Mollie

 ** We are taking a quick break from the prayer lists to celebrate the new year!

 I hope that you and your families has a spectacular new year!  I know I stayed up way too late, but it was SUPER fun!  Our family had a super competitive game of Cranium going on, HYSTERICAL!!

  Ronnie and I don't typically set resolutions but this year we decided to bite the bullet and do it.  We each set individual resolutions.  Both of us are going to try to be more disciplined: with devotionals, working out, eating healthy, etc.  We also set a family resolution: we decided to do one generous act each month for the entire year.  This is going to span from making lunches, doing someones yard, helping someone move, etc.  This month we decided to go and visit one of the elderly homes in Rancho Bernardo, we are going to take the kiddos and just go spend some time visiting and chatting.  I'm really excited to see how these acts are going to influence our family and our girls.

  I also set a couple resolutions for the GVC kids ministry.  Here they are:

 #1:  That this ministry would be family based.  Through Sunday School and other events, we (staff) would be able to empower and equip parents to have spiritual conversations at home with their kiddos.

#2:  This blog would serve as a tool for families to relate and connect with one another.  Please follow and leave comments.  I want to hear what is going on with your families and I know everyone else does too!

  I can't wait to start this new year, I KNOW God has big things in store!

Blessings,
 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. BTW, I LOVE Cranium it has been quite a while since we've had a really fun game of it.
    I would love to help out with connecting the parents with what our kids are being taught on Sundays. This is something that was really on my mind the week of VBS last summer. Let me know what I can do!

    ReplyDelete