Thursday, December 8, 2011

More ways to Pray

by Mollie

    I hope that you are having a fantastic week.  I know that our Christmas tree is up, our lights are up (thanks honey!), and we have been enjoying Christmas movies almost nightly. I'm a little over "Prep & Landing" at this point, but Zoie LOVES it so it will continue!

   In my previous post about prayer I covered the first 10 ways to pray for your children.  If you didn't catch those click HERE


   I hope that you are already seeing a difference in the way you are praying for your kiddos and its starting to bless your family.  Here are numbers 11-15.

  #11:  Faithfulness. "Let love and faithfulness never leave {them},' but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts" (Prov 3:3)

 #12: Courage.  "May they always 'be strong and courageous' in their character and in their action" (Deut 3:16)

 #13: Purity.  "Create in [them] a pure heart, O God,' and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions" (Ps 51:10)

 #14: Kindness. "Lord, may they 'always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else" (1 Thess 5:15)

 #15: Generosity. "Grant that they may 'be generous and willing to share [and so] lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age" (1 Tim 6:18-19)


 The author, Bob Hostetler, end the article saying this: "I discovered an additional benefit: as I prayed with my children each night, the Lord brought to mid the quality I'd prayed for that morning, and I would repeat my request in their hearing.  Before long, they began to echo my praying and pour out their own hearts in prayer for the very virtues I desired to see in them.  Thus, my simple prayer program changed not only how I pray, but also how my children pray...and, by God's grace, how they live as well."

  I hope you and your family have a very blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. This is great Mollie! Will definitely be adding this to my list!

    Have you seen what we are doing for Advent? It is SUPER easy and only takes about 10mins each night. Rian has LOVED it

    http://yourthrivingfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/too-late-for-advent.html
    http://yourthrivingfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/intentional-celebration-advent-week-1.html
    http://yourthrivingfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/advent-week-2-peace.html

    ReplyDelete